Electronic Payment File to HSBC.net
ERPro supports electronic payment file for HSBC.net when performing AP Payment.
To generate a Payment File (iFile) from ERPro to a specific folder and the file format is compatible to HSBCnet Electronic Payment System.
1. Define Access Rights for appropriate user(s).
2. Define Bank Account (BKFBA) – Global Function – Bank Account
This screen (Bank Account) is borrowed from ERPro Banking Module which is used to record your Bank Account No.
3. Company Setup (GBFGP)
- Bank Account Code - A Default Bank Account Code is added which is the Bank Account Code defined in (1) and will populate whenever a new AP Payment Voucher is created.
- HSBC Connect Customer ID
- HSBCnet Customer ID
- iFile Folder - ERPro will generate the payment file to this folder. Please note that this folder location is relative to the client workstation.
- Only ERPro user(s) with Access Right for Company Setup (GBFGP) can access this screen.
4. Input Beneficiary Bank and Intermediary Bank information in Vendor Master (GBFVM)
Please note that the Country Code (2 digit) should adhere to ISO 3166 standard (see appendix)
5. Currency Master (GBFCU)
There is no change in this screen, however, please note that the Currency Code must adhere to ISO 4217 Standard (see appendix).
6. Payment Voucher (APFPA)
The Bank Account Code is default from Company Setup GBFGP, which is your HSBC Bank Account.
The Beneficiary Bank and Intermediary Bank information are default from Vendor Master GBFVM.
The Information in the frames “Beneficiary Bank” and “Intermediary Bank” are read only and cannot modify by user(s).
7. Generate Payment File (APPPF) – Accounts Payable – Processes – Generate Payment File
Generate Payment File in Accounts Payable – Processes
This screen will show all AP Payment Vouchers that is
- Payment Method = “EFT”
- Bank Account Code is filled in
- Submitted = “No”
User can selectively check the Payment using the 1st column checkbox.
After the “Begin Posting” is press, a file with the file name with the filename [yyyymmddhhmmss].csv will be create in the iFile folder defined in Company Setup for your selected payment and the selected payments became Submitted = “Yes”
8. After the Payment is submitted, a Status Message is displayed for this voucher and this voucher cannot edit or delete any more.
This specification is only the summary for the iFile structure, for details please refer to iFile.doc from HSBC.
Whenever the user click “Begin Posting” in “Generate Payment File” APPPF, an iFile with the following structure will be create
- File Header Record (IFH)
- Batch Header Record (BATHDR) for 1st Payment
- Instruction Detail Record (SECPTY) for 1st Payment
- Batch Header Record (BATHDR) for 2ndt Payment
- Instruction Detail Record (SECPTY) for 2nd Payment
- Batch Header Record (BATHDR) for 3rd Payment
- Instruction Detail Record (SECPTY) for 3rd Payment
File Header Record contains the identification of the file submitting customer, file level information and other control Information
Batch Header Record distinguishes the start of each batch. It defines the type of instruction within the batch and carries first party related information such as account no, value date and transaction amount.
Instruction Detail Record defines the detail for the beneficiary parties.
This function will not handle the Advising record (ADV) , Withholding Tax record (WHT).
This function can handle the Priority Payments only and will not handle ACH payments, COS payments.