Consignment is the process to consign the inventory items to a customer without affecting your inventory value but kept the inventory to a separate location.
1. Define a Location for Consignment
2. Input the Consignment Note. “Ship To” is the Consignment Location. You can also print a Consignment Note using the “Print” button.
3. After the Consignment Note is posted. The inventory status shows:
4. When the Customer return the goods, input a Consignment Return Note. Location is the Returned Location
5. After the Consignment Return Note is posted, the inventory is returned.
If the Customer wished to purchase the Goods, you can now issue a normal Sales Order/Direct Sales.